Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dressing an Hourglass Body Type

Hello 8% of women. Congratulations, you already have what is considered to be the most desirable body type. Your goal now is just to flatter your curves.


If you've been reading the other body types' articles, you'll know by now to avoid patterns that go across. Baggy pants will eliminate curves, as will jackets that end on the butt. High necklines and shorter skirts throw curves out of balance.


A pinch at the midsection emphasizes a small waist. Dresses and tops that cross over chest are good for larger busts. V-necks and scoop necks too. Wrap tops and tie/belted waist tops show the evenness of curves. Single piece outfits don't break up a figure. Straight leg/slightly flared pants make legs look good.


Well Hourglass, I'll admit. I'm jealous of you. A review...


To Do

  • Draw attention to waist with belts and dresses that pinch at midsection
  • Dresses/tops that cross over chest
  • Vertical patterns
  • V-necks
  • Wrap tops
  • Tie/belted waist tops
  • Scoop necks
  • Single piece outfits
  • Straight leg
  • Slightly flared pants
To Don't
  • Patterns that go across
  • Baggy pants
  • High necklines
  • Shorter skirts
  • Jackets on the butt

Questions/comments, respond below or email me at the.secret.is.be.you@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Hannah,

    Only 8% of women are hourglasses? And I'm in that 8 percent? Hurray! :) I hate my body though, so I have an irregular hourglass apparently!

    -C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, what is the most common body type?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most common is the banana body type, at 46%. Following is pear at 20% and apple at 14%. I wouldn't say you have an hourglass actually.

      Delete
  3. What would you say I am then? I'M A TOTAL HOURGLASS! :) I have a tiny waist, curvy hips, the thighs of an hourglass, and a pear bust.

    ReplyDelete

All opinions are welcome, just try not to be too harsh with me :) It's cool if you don't like something, we aren't the same. But nobody likes a hater :)