Thursday, July 5, 2012

Identify your Body Type

So like I mentioned in my last post, one of the main things about finding what looks good on you is knowing your body type. Each and every body type had points they'll want to show off, and flaws they'll want to cover. 


Some people break body type down into 8, 10, 12 categories, but really there's four main body types:


Banana (rectangle): Also called a straight body type. Waist is less than 9 inches smaller than the hips or bust size. Body fat is fairly even distributed throughout the body, in the abdomen, butt, chest, and face. Those with a banana body type are generally on the thin side, but without many curves.

Apple (triangle downward): Those with an apple shape tend to have slimmer legs and thighs and narrower hips, while their chest/abdomen appear larger compared to the rest of the body. Weight is mainly carried in the abdomen, chest, and face. Lucky apples, you have nice legs. Always flaunt that.

Pear (triangle upward): Hips significantly wider than bust. Fat tends to go first to the butt, hips, and thighs. This body type generally have a relatively larger butt, robust thighs, and a smaller bust. Don't be ashamed of your curves ladies.

Hourglass (triangles facing in): Hips and bust are almost equal, with a narrow waist. Body fat is distributed in the upper and lower body, before areas such as waist and upper abdomen. Usually considered the 'best' figure to have. I just think it's funny all the body types are fruit, besides this one. Rebel!


When I say body fat in this, I'm not calling anyone fat. You have to have body fat. If you have curves, don't think you're fat. Be proud of yourself.

I'll talk about the best way to accentuate the fine points of each body type and cover maybe the not-so-fine points soon :)


Hannah

4 comments:

  1. Hey Hannah,
    By looking at this, I would say that I'm an hourglass. What do I do to hide my fatty spots? What do I do to look better and not so...frumpy?
    With Love,
    BlackWidow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting tips for each body type soon :)

      Delete
  2. Hmm...
    I'm debating if I'm an hourglass or a pear....
    Hips are great for hip wars. Plus side of not being a stick.
    Some things the pros suggest for "fatty spots and hourglass" (AND YOU HAVE NO FATTY SPOTS, just btw) are located at this site: http://www.sophistix.net/blog/?p=29
    I honesty just say dress in a way that you love and don't care if others don't like it. You're beautiful as long as you believe it! (which you already are!)
    -J

    ReplyDelete

All opinions are welcome, just try not to be too harsh with me :) It's cool if you don't like something, we aren't the same. But nobody likes a hater :)