Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Polka Dots


Summer colors and polka dots... 'nuff said.

Haha for this tutorial you'll need a base coat, white, hot pink, lime green, yellow, and top coat. It isn't necessary to have the thin tips (though it makes it easier), I picked the green for it's color.


If you want, have a layer of hardener first. I hate my nails breaking so I use it every time. Then, 1-2 coats of base coat. Once that's dry apply and opaque white, enough to have a solid cover (1-2 layers).


Next, take the hot pink polish. Let a dot of polish gather at the end of the brush, then make polka dots across each nail. Try to avoid letting the whole dot go on at once, the dot will be too big. Leave room for other colors as well.


Repeat for the lime green polish. Again, it isn't necessary to have a thin tip, but it does make it easier.


And once again with the yellow. Personally I think it looks better if the dots don't touch but at this point you may be running out of room. If they do touch it won't look bad I promise :)


These dots take a LONG time to dry, so beware. If you're in a hurry, maybe save this for another time, and don"t add top coat until they've all hardened. As always, 1-2 coats is good to seal in the design.


You can use any colors for this same design, I simply chose summery ones. Good luck :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

All opinions are welcome, just try not to be too harsh with me :) It's cool if you don't like something, we aren't the same. But nobody likes a hater :)